- 2 cups The Honest Kitchen Force™ dehydrated dog food
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup cooked parsnips, finely diced
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups warm meat broth (low sodium/onion-free, if commercial)
- 1 small pinch fresh or dried rosemary (optional)
- Hydrate the Force™ using the warm meat broth.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Mix in the apple sauce, ham, and cheese.
- Mix the sweet potato (or yam/squash) into the hydrated food, along with the parsnips, cranberries, and eggs.
- Spread in a thin layer onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Grate a little extra cheese on top, if desired, and cook at 300° for about 60 minutes, or until the top is slightly dried and crispy.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into squares to serve.
These rich but wholesome brownie-style treats make use of some of fall's healthiest vegetables and fruits. Squash or unsweetened canned yams may be substituted for sweet potatoes, if desired.
For more recipes like this, visit https://www.thehonestkitchen.com/ and download the entire Kurgo Holiday Cookbook here!