Joring - A New Sport You & Your Dog Can Both Enjoy
The great thing about dogs is that they are up for anything. If you have the same mindset, then you and your dog might enjoy the sport of Joring. The word Joring, originating from Norway, translates to “pulling” or “driving”. Dog Joring means that your dog is pulling you along by any means of transportation, such as a bike (bikejoring), skateboard (skatejoring) or skis (skijoring). To put it simply, it is the practice of having your dog tow or pull you. It also applies to the sport of Canicross which is your dog pulling you while you run.
The Long Hauler Joring Kit is everything that you need to get out and start joring. Enjoy skijoring in the winter, and in the summer, bikejoring, skatejoring and canicross. The complete kit includes a Human Belt, Towline and Dog Harness.
Human Belt - One size
The Long Hauler Human Belt is designed to work with the Long Hauler Joring Kit but can also be used alone as a daypack by removing the leg straps. Lightweight and fully padded for comfort, the belt is loaded with plenty of storage and a water bottle holder to make sure you have everything you need for your adventure. View Product Instructions
- Fully adjustable waist fits 28”- 52”
- Quick-release strap to disconnect from towline
- Lightweight and fully padded for comfort
- Four pockets offer plenty of storage
- Water bottle holder (bottle not included)
- Can be used as a stand alone daypack
- Do NOT use the human harness for bikejoring. Please research bikejoring equipment or obtain lessons from a bikejoring expert.
Cradle Back Harness for Dogs - Select a size above
The Long Hauler Cradle Back Harness is designed to work with the Long Hauler Joring Kit. Modeled after cross back dog sled harnesses, the Long Hauler Harness provides a comfortable fit for your dog while at the same time utilizing their maximum pull potential. Lightweight and fully adjustable, the harness is comfortable for all-day adventures. Select from Small, Medium, or Large based on your dog's measurements. See size chart below. View Product Instructions
- Top handle for quick control
- Back D-ring
- Lightweight, padded and fully adjustable
- Reflective trim
Joring or Canicross Towline - One size
The Long Hauler Towline is designed to work with the Long Hauler Joring system. Constructed tough with 1” tubular webbing for high resistance, the towline adjusts for a wide range of joring activities and the internal bungee eases pulling. View Product Instructions
- 300kg strength, aluminum swivel carabiner
- Adjustable length to suit range of activities:
- Short Length: 76” bungee extends to 100”
- Long: 108” bungee extends to 132”
- Can be used with the K9 Excursion Running Belt or as a stand alone leash
- 1” tubular webbing for high resistance
Note: As with any new sport, please consult your doctor and your vet to make sure you and your pet are healthy enough for the activity. You should also consider taking lessons in the sport to learn how to properly use the equipment and techniques for safety.
Size Chart for Dog Harness