Holiday Recipe: Peanut Butter and Oat Treats
Posted by Mackenzie Swanhart on 6th December 2016
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, place the banana and mash with a fork. Add one egg, peanut butter, and coconut oil and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour and oats. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shapes. Arrange the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the second egg. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a deep golden brown. Set aside to let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
For more recipes like this, download the entire Kurgo Holiday Cookbook here!
Trying to decide which is better for your dog—a collar or a harness? The short answer is: You may need both. It really depends on the size and temperament of your dog and what it takes to maintain safe control of him.
A dog barking in the backseat of the car can be a real nuisance—and even a hazard—for human drivers. But for dogs, barking is a way of communicating. In order to put the kibosh on all that annoying barking, we first need to understand why our furry companion is barking to begin with.