Holiday Recipe: Peanut Butter and Oat Treats
Posted by Mackenzie Swanhart on 6th December 2016
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, place the banana and mash with a fork. Add one egg, peanut butter, and coconut oil and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour and oats. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shapes. Arrange the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the second egg. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a deep golden brown. Set aside to let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
For more recipes like this, download the entire Kurgo Holiday Cookbook here!
Draco the Border Collie loves exploring with his dog mom Kristina in Florida. We caught up with these Kurgo Ambassadors and asked them their favorite tips, tricks, and places they'd like to go.
We asked veterinarian Dr. Susan O'Dell, "What are your thoughts on small animal vaccinations? Can you over vaccinate?" Read her response below! Vaccinations are an important topic to address for every pet that I see. The diseases for which we vaccinate can cause severe sickness or death in cats and dogs (rabies is also fatal [...]
It often seems that our dogs can sense our moods. Have you ever felt upset, and then looked down to find that your dog has run over to you? Recent research has delved into the nature of this bond. Are dogs responding to our feelings, our body language, or something else? Read on to find [...]