Holiday Recipe: Peanut Butter and Oat Treats
Posted by Mackenzie Swanhart on 6th December 2016
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, place the banana and mash with a fork. Add one egg, peanut butter, and coconut oil and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour and oats. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shapes. Arrange the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the second egg. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a deep golden brown. Set aside to let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
For more recipes like this, download the entire Kurgo Holiday Cookbook here!
Jenny Bruso and her pup Big Judy are no strangers to adventure. Most recently, they completed a month long road trip from Oregon to Vermont. We caught up with these Kurgo Ambassadors and asked them their favorite tips, tricks, and places they'd like to go.
Recently, Judy and I did a month-long cross country road trip, which meant planning for every scenario imaginable and discovering all-new scenarios to plan for. Here are the things that worked… and the things that most definitely did not.
As fall kicks into high gear our minds and taste buds turn to beer - brewfests, Oktoberfests, brew pubs, brewery tours. Good beer and dogs go together like peanut butter and jelly, so it's no surprise that you so often find them together. [...]