We are all traveling more with our pets whether for daily errands or family vacations. Over 84% of dog owners have taken their dog in the car on trip and 38% have taken their dog on an overnight stay of two nights or more, according to the American Pet Products Association (APPA) 2015-2016 Study. However, while only 16% of people restrain their pets while traveling in the car, over 83% said they know it would be safer if they did.
Learn more about dog travel safety and your options as well as explore some of our best recommendations for dog-friendly destinations.
Dog Travel Safety Tips
- Pet Travel Safety Tips (video)
- Dog Travel Safety Tips
- What's the Right Way for Driving With Your Dog? (infographic)
- Quiz: What's the Best Dog Travel Solution for You?
- Road Tripping with Your Dog? Some Facts about Safety. (infographic)
- Dog Travel Statistics
Dog Car Harness Tips
Dog Friendly Destinations
- Dog Friendly Hikes: Washington
- Dog Friendly Hikes: Oregon
- Dog Friendly City Guide: Philadelphia
- Dog Friendly Fall Foliage Tours
- Dog Friendly Getaway: Sonoma Wineries
- 2016 Dog Friendly Summer Events
- National Parks that Will Welcome Your Dog
- Dog Friendly Hikes: Massachusetts
- Dog Friendly Hikes: New Hampshire
- The Best Dog Friendly Beaches
- European Travel with Your Dog: What You Need to Know