Holiday Recipe: Christmas Cookies
Posted by Melissa from ProudDogMom.com on 30th November 2016
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Line (2) baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine oat flour and coconut flour in a large bowl.
- Add finely chopped mint and strawberries.
- Add coconut oil, water, and eggs.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Knead with hands until solid dough ball forms. If it is too crumbly, add water 1 tbsp at a time.
- Roll dough ball out to approximately 1/4".
- Use cookie cutter to cut out Christmas shapes.
- Place onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- For a crunchier texture, turn off oven and let treats cool in oven so they continue to dry out.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to two (2) weeks or in freezer for up to three (3) months.
Draco the Border Collie loves exploring with his dog mom Kristina in Florida. We caught up with these Kurgo Ambassadors and asked them their favorite tips, tricks, and places they'd like to go.
We asked veterinarian Dr. Susan O'Dell, "What are your thoughts on small animal vaccinations? Can you over vaccinate?" Read her response below! Vaccinations are an important topic to address for every pet that I see. The diseases for which we vaccinate can cause severe sickness or death in cats and dogs (rabies is also fatal [...]
It often seems that our dogs can sense our moods. Have you ever felt upset, and then looked down to find that your dog has run over to you? Recent research has delved into the nature of this bond. Are dogs responding to our feelings, our body language, or something else? Read on to find [...]