Holiday Recipe: Healthy Autumn Brownies
Posted by The Honest Kitchen on 9th December 2016
- 2 cups The Honest Kitchen Force™ dehydrated dog food
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup cooked parsnips, finely diced
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups warm meat broth (low sodium/onion-free, if commercial)
- 1 small pinch fresh or dried rosemary (optional)
- Hydrate the Force™ using the warm meat broth.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Mix in the apple sauce, ham, and cheese.
- Mix the sweet potato (or yam/squash) into the hydrated food, along with the parsnips, cranberries, and eggs.
- Spread in a thin layer onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Grate a little extra cheese on top, if desired, and cook at 300° for about 60 minutes, or until the top is slightly dried and crispy.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into squares to serve.
These rich but wholesome brownie-style treats make use of some of fall's healthiest vegetables and fruits. Squash or unsweetened canned yams may be substituted for sweet potatoes, if desired.
Draco the Border Collie loves exploring with his dog mom Kristina in Florida. We caught up with these Kurgo Ambassadors and asked them their favorite tips, tricks, and places they'd like to go.
We asked veterinarian Dr. Susan O'Dell, "What are your thoughts on small animal vaccinations? Can you over vaccinate?" Read her response below! Vaccinations are an important topic to address for every pet that I see. The diseases for which we vaccinate can cause severe sickness or death in cats and dogs (rabies is also fatal [...]
It often seems that our dogs can sense our moods. Have you ever felt upset, and then looked down to find that your dog has run over to you? Recent research has delved into the nature of this bond. Are dogs responding to our feelings, our body language, or something else? Read on to find [...]