Holiday Recipe: Healthy Autumn Brownies
Posted by The Honest Kitchen on 9th December 2016
- 2 cups The Honest Kitchen Force™ dehydrated dog food
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup cooked parsnips, finely diced
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups warm meat broth (low sodium/onion-free, if commercial)
- 1 small pinch fresh or dried rosemary (optional)
- Hydrate the Force™ using the warm meat broth.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Mix in the apple sauce, ham, and cheese.
- Mix the sweet potato (or yam/squash) into the hydrated food, along with the parsnips, cranberries, and eggs.
- Spread in a thin layer onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Grate a little extra cheese on top, if desired, and cook at 300° for about 60 minutes, or until the top is slightly dried and crispy.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into squares to serve.
These rich but wholesome brownie-style treats make use of some of fall's healthiest vegetables and fruits. Squash or unsweetened canned yams may be substituted for sweet potatoes, if desired.
Jenny Bruso and her pup Big Judy are no strangers to adventure. Most recently, they completed a month long road trip from Oregon to Vermont. We caught up with these Kurgo Ambassadors and asked them their favorite tips, tricks, and places they'd like to go.
Recently, Judy and I did a month-long cross country road trip, which meant planning for every scenario imaginable and discovering all-new scenarios to plan for. Here are the things that worked… and the things that most definitely did not.
As fall kicks into high gear our minds and taste buds turn to beer - brewfests, Oktoberfests, brew pubs, brewery tours. Good beer and dogs go together like peanut butter and jelly, so it's no surprise that you so often find them together. [...]