Holiday Recipe: "Mistletoe" Mini Meatballs
Posted by Fedwell on 9th December 2016
- 150g lean ground/minced meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- Sprinkle of grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine meat and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients to combine. Roll into small, bite-sized mini meatballs (yield will vary with size) and place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cool before serving or storing (refrigerate or freeze). Pampered pooches might enjoy their treats warmed slightly for extra smell and flavor.
Smooching your dog under the mistletoe may be a-OK, but don't forget that some festive decorations can be dangerous for pets. Keep hazards like mistletoe, poinsettias, holly, etc. well out of reach of your pets! Happy Holidays!
For more recipes like this, download the entire Kurgo Holiday Cookbook here!
Jenny Bruso and her pup Big Judy are no strangers to adventure. Most recently, they completed a month long road trip from Oregon to Vermont. We caught up with these Kurgo Ambassadors and asked them their favorite tips, tricks, and places they'd like to go.
Recently, Judy and I did a month-long cross country road trip, which meant planning for every scenario imaginable and discovering all-new scenarios to plan for. Here are the things that worked… and the things that most definitely did not.
As fall kicks into high gear our minds and taste buds turn to beer - brewfests, Oktoberfests, brew pubs, brewery tours. Good beer and dogs go together like peanut butter and jelly, so it's no surprise that you so often find them together. [...]