Holiday Recipe: "Mistletoe" Mini Meatballs
Posted by Fedwell on 9th December 2016
- 150g lean ground/minced meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- Sprinkle of grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine meat and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients to combine. Roll into small, bite-sized mini meatballs (yield will vary with size) and place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cool before serving or storing (refrigerate or freeze). Pampered pooches might enjoy their treats warmed slightly for extra smell and flavor.
Smooching your dog under the mistletoe may be a-OK, but don't forget that some festive decorations can be dangerous for pets. Keep hazards like mistletoe, poinsettias, holly, etc. well out of reach of your pets! Happy Holidays!
For more recipes like this, download the entire Kurgo Holiday Cookbook here!
Draco the Border Collie loves exploring with his dog mom Kristina in Florida. We caught up with these Kurgo Ambassadors and asked them their favorite tips, tricks, and places they'd like to go.
We asked veterinarian Dr. Susan O'Dell, "What are your thoughts on small animal vaccinations? Can you over vaccinate?" Read her response below! Vaccinations are an important topic to address for every pet that I see. The diseases for which we vaccinate can cause severe sickness or death in cats and dogs (rabies is also fatal [...]
It often seems that our dogs can sense our moods. Have you ever felt upset, and then looked down to find that your dog has run over to you? Recent research has delved into the nature of this bond. Are dogs responding to our feelings, our body language, or something else? Read on to find [...]