Holiday Recipe: Sweet Potato Pup Fries
Posted by Melissa from ProudDogMom.com on 7th December 2016
- 1 giant sweet potato (or 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup 100% pure honey
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Use a cookie sheet with sides and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place a rack in the pan so the air can circulate
- Peel and rinse the sweet potato.
- Slice into strip for pup fries (about 1/4" to 1/2" thick).
- Put the sweet potato strips in a bowl and coat with honey.
- Line coated potato strips onto rack - not touching.
- Cook in oven for 90 minutes.
Since all ovens can vary, check the fries as they are cooking. They will be bendable when you take them out of the oven. Let them cool and they will get stiffer. If you want a harder, crunchier pup fry, cook it a little longer. Quantity will vary depending on size of potatoes and size of slices. This recipe is a preview from the Proud Dog Mom Chef Book, coming soon!
Draco the Border Collie loves exploring with his dog mom Kristina in Florida. We caught up with these Kurgo Ambassadors and asked them their favorite tips, tricks, and places they'd like to go.
We asked veterinarian Dr. Susan O'Dell, "What are your thoughts on small animal vaccinations? Can you over vaccinate?" Read her response below! Vaccinations are an important topic to address for every pet that I see. The diseases for which we vaccinate can cause severe sickness or death in cats and dogs (rabies is also fatal [...]
It often seems that our dogs can sense our moods. Have you ever felt upset, and then looked down to find that your dog has run over to you? Recent research has delved into the nature of this bond. Are dogs responding to our feelings, our body language, or something else? Read on to find [...]